Friday 21 March 2014

Review of Sister by Rosamund Lupton

“Nothing can break the bond between sisters ...When Beatrice gets a frantic call in the middle of Sunday lunch to say that her younger sister, Tess, is missing, she boards the first flight home to London. But as she learns about the circumstances surrounding her sister's disappearance, she is stunned to discover how little she actually knows of her sister's life - and unprepared for the terrifying truths she must now face. The police, Beatrice's fiance and even their mother accept they have lost Tess but Beatrice refuses to give up on her. So she embarks on a dangerous journey to discover the truth, no matter the cost.”
When I first picked up this book it sounded like a great crime fiction novel however this isn’t crime fiction. I enjoyed the beginning however after awhile I got irritated with the writing style and the narrator going back and forth. I also got very confused with the use of ‘you’. I didn’t understand why she was writing to her sister.
I came away extremely disappointed with this book. There have so many times throughout this book that I felt frustrated and wanted to give up and that is rare. I felt that parts of the book dragged on. I persevered just to find out what really happened to Tess. I couldn’t connect with any of the characters and Beatrice really annoyed me. She comes across as a snob and a racist, then suddenly changes to somewhat be more like her sister.
I even disliked the twist at the end and felt it did nothing for the rest of the book. After reading so many great reviews I might have set my expectations too high. I also got annoyed with the numerous errors throughout. I definitely would not recommend this book to anyone.
1/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment