Tuesday 15 April 2014

Review of The Dark Inside by Rupert Wallis

“The House on the Hill has been abandoned for a\s long as James can remember. So when he discovers Webster, a drifter, hiding there he’s instantly curious about the man and what he’s running from.
Afflicted by a dark curse, Webster is no longer the person he used to be. But there’s said to be a cure and it might just be that by helping Webster, James will find some solace of his own. Together they embark on a journey, not knowing that what they are about to discover will shape them both in ways they never imagined...”
The synopsis doesn’t reveal too much about what this story is about. I wanted to know what the curse was and what Webster was running from.
I felt for James throughout this story as he was running away from his problems all the way through but this made him stronger towards the end of the book.
Parts of this book seemed to have a slight religious aspect to them about forgiveness and loss.
This book didn’t take me long to finish with such short chapters.  There was also a lot in this story about a witch and her son and the gypsies who run the fair. Throughout the book I had different opinions of her. I didn’t like her when she was being nasty to James and Webster however I felt myself liking her slightly when she became a caring motherly figure. I ended up reminding myself that she wasn’t one of the good characters.
I would recommend this book if you are into fantasy novels however this book just wasn’t for me.
2/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment