Friday 19 April 2013

Review of The Woman in Black by Susan Hill

Arthur Kipps is a junior solicitor who is summoned to attend the funeral of Mrs Alice Drablow. He is unaware of the tragic secrets which lie in Eel Marsh House. It is not until he attends the funeral that he notices the wasted woman, dressed all in black that he starts to get a sense of unease. These feelings are heightened by the reluctance of the locals to talk of her.

I was really excited to read this book but personally I think this book is over hyped and this may have made me set my expectations a bit too high.

It seemed to take ages for any of the ghost happenings to occur and when they did these parts weren’t that creepy however there were times throughout this book that I couldn’t put it down.

I’m in two minds about this book, there were parts I liked and parts that dragged.

However I would still recommend this book because despite the few negatives it is still a great read.

3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment