Saturday 23 March 2013

Review of The Perfect Christmas by Georgie Carter

The prologue of this novel drew me into the story and I was excited to find out who and what Faye and Robyn were talking about.

However pretty early on in the book I got fed up of Robyn’s constant self pity about being single and ended up hating her as a main character. I also found the constant jokes about her name tedious.

This book was mainly based around Robyn having an affair. This in turn meant that parts of this novel were so unrealistic and clichéd.

The cover is misleading as this book hardly has a Christmas theme, at most the very start and very end of the book.

One of the things that annoyed me the most about this book was the constant spelling and grammar errors. Faye was spelt three different ways throughout this book which bothered me. I found myself re-reading chunks of this book due to a lot of it making no sense at all.

I would not recommend this book to anyone and probably wouldn’t read any more by this author or any book along these lines.

2/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment