Wednesday 29 March 2017

Review of Time to Say Goodbye by S.D. Robertson

"Is there ever a right time to let go?

HOW DO YOU LEAVE THE PERSON YOU LOVE THE MOST?

Will Curtis’s six-year-old daughter, Ella, knows her father will never leave her. After all, he promised her so when her mother died. And he’s going to do everything he can to keep his word.

What Will doesn’t know is that the promise he made to his little girl might be harder to keep than he imagined. When he’s faced with an impossible decision, Will finds that the most obvious choice might not be the right one.

But the future is full of unexpected surprises. And father and daughter are about to embark on an unforgettable journey together . . ."


The blurb doesn't give too much away about the plot, when I picked this book up in the shop I started to read the first page just to see what it was like as I had never heard of this author before. Before I realised it I had read 5 pages just in the shop. I started reading again when I got home, OMG !!! by page 9 I was already in tears. It's very rare that a book can get me this emotional but this one hit me hard, not just once but quite a lot.
  
All the was through I felt so sorry for poor Ella, no child should have to go through that much heartache at such a young age. Ella has already lost her mum and we find out pretty late in the book how this happened and how Ella blames herself. Also the dialect that was portrayed from Ella made me realise how young she was.

It is quite a short read which isn't too complicated. Throughout the book there are plot twists which some of them were predictable and some that weren't so obvious. I wasn't too sure about the ending, it felt rushed and I wanted more.

4/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment