Sunday 1 May 2016

Review of The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks


I usually recommend his books however this one isn’t one of my favourites, This book lost the ‘Spark’ that I usually expect with a Nicholas Sparks novel.  

The story is about Amanda and Dawson. They fell in love as teenagers but due to circumstances they broke up. By now I am used to the cliché of his novels and can predict how the story is going to end. This story had so much potential but fell flat.

How wrong was I? More about that later…..

This book was dragging and I felt the writing was choppy and parts of the book didn’t really add anything to the story. The ‘Ghost’ aspect also didn’t really add anything to this story.

Amanda completely frustrated me as a character. She didn’t really care about who she hurt and couldn’t make decisions. She seemed to lead Dawson on and didn’t care that she hurt him and she toyed with his emotions.

I was expecting Amanda and Dawson to get together but this wasn’t the case with the ending. The letters that Tuck wrote seemed to have been added just to extend the length of the novel.

Dawson gave the best of himself to Amanda but wouldn’t give him anything back in return. She left him waiting for her while she went back to be unhappy marriage. I thought that the accident would have brought Amanda and Dawson back together.

I realized what was going to happen when I got to the last 2 chapters.

1/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment