Saturday 8 June 2013

Review of The Ice Cream Girls by Dorothy Koomson

“At only eighteen years of age, Poppy and Serena were the only witnesses to a tragic event. Amid heated public debate and scrutiny, the two glamorous teens were dubbed ‘The Ice Cream Girls’ by the press and forced to go their separate ways and to lead very different lives.
Twenty years later, Poppy is keen to set the record straight about what really happened, while married mother-of-two Serena wants no one in her present to find out about her past. But some secrets will not stay buried - and if theirs is revealed, their lives will start to unravel all over again . . .”
WOW! Exactly what I said at the end of this book, so many emotions.
This is the first book I have ever read by Dorothy Koomson and I have fallen in love with her writing. I will openly admit I normally won’t read ‘chick lit’ novels, however I saw the TV adaption advertised so thought I would read the book first.
By the end of the novel I was pretty much an emotional wreck (no word of a lie) I was that angry/frustrated with the character of Marcus. I also felt sorry for Poppy and Serena and all they went through. I loved both girls and wanted them both to be happy. All the way through this book I had my own ideas of what had actually happened, towards the end of the book I came away with ‘I kind of knew it was her, but how?’
Although there were ‘errors’ throughout this book like why didn’t anyone notice what was happening to Poppy and Serena to minor things such as misplaced words/words missing and having to re-read sections to make it make sense.
Despite these things it is an amazing book and I would highly recommend it to anyone.
5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment