Monday 14 August 2017

Review of Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty

"Despite their differences, Erika and Clementine have been best friends since they were children. So when Erika needs help, Clementine should be the obvious person to turn to. Or so you'd think.

For Clementine, as a mother of a two desperately trying to practise for the audition of a lifetime, the last thing she needs is Erika asking for something, again.

But the barbecue should be the perfect way to forget their problems for a while. Especially when their hosts, Vid and Tiffany, are only too happy to distract them.

Which is how it all spirals out of control..."



This is the first book I have read by Liane and it definitely won't be my last. I loved the way that it built up to what actually happened at the barbecue and that the chapters skipped from the day of the barbecue to other days. I also enjoyed that the story was written from the perspectives of the different characters. 

It takes ages to find out what actually happened at the barbecue and it changed the lives of all the characters that were there. With there being such a build up to what happened it made me really frustrated but in a good way. The build up made me really think that what happened was going to be shocking but in a way I felt kind of let down. 

The character I loved the most was Erika and the IVF storyline really hit me hard. Some of the dialogue about this subject is so well written and it depicts the negative feelings associated with it. "There were probably times when I was complaining about the girls and you were thinking, Oh for God's sake, shut up Clementine, don't you know how lucky you are?" Erika lies in response to her friend to protect her feelings. 

The characters are so well written even with all the flaws. There are times when I loved the characters and times when I hated them. 

I did really enjoy this book and would definitely recommend this book to others. 

5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment