Saturday 10 June 2017

Review of Hollow City by Ransom Riggs

"This second novel begins in 1940, immediately after the first book ended. Having escaped Miss Peregrine’s island by the skin of their teeth, Jacob and his new friends must journey to London, the peculiar capital of the world. Along the way, they encounter new allies, a menagerie of peculiar animals, and other unexpected surprises."

*Spoilers*

I already got book 3 ready to read next. I need to know what happens. The last few chapters are pretty awesome and left me wondering about Jacob's new found ability. Just confused as to how he seemed to learn it all through a dream. I still found the relationship between Jacob and Emma weird. But her telling him to go got me emotional which I didn't expect. There are parts of this book that seemed to drag and I would put the book down for a while. However there were parts that were amazing and that I was able to zoom through. The photos are also beautiful even if they are creepy. Definitely better than book one.

4/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment