Saturday 11 February 2017

Review of Flawed by Cecelia Ahern

"You will be punished…

Celestine North lives a perfect life. She’s a model daughter and sister, she’s well-liked by her classmates and teachers, and she’s dating the impossibly charming Art Crevan.

But then Celestine encounters a situation where she makes an instinctive decision. She breaks a rule and now faces life-changing repercussions. She could be imprisoned. She could be branded. She could be found flawed.

Cecelia Ahern depicts a society where perfection is paramount and flaws lead to punishment. And where one young woman decides to take a stand that could cost her everything."


Firstly Why?
Leaving a book on such a cliff hanger just makes me want book 2 now...not in a few months time.

This book is about people being branded as 'Flawed' if they break certain rules. Along with the branding the 'Flawed' also have to live by different rules and are assigned a whistleblower to maker sure that they follow the rules.

Celestine comes across as a compassionate character whose caring actions result in her being found 'Flawed'. Throughout the book Celestine seems to get into trouble a lot. She gets herself into trouble sometimes that could result in her family being punished as well.

I have never read a dystopian novel before but as I love Cecelia Ahern novels I thought I'd give this one a read. There were places throughout the book that I felt like giving up as I felt nothing for any of the characters but I'm so glad I persisted with it. Upon closing the book I was left wondering what was going to happen to Celestine.

4/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment