Saturday 22 June 2013

Review of Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson

“Katie Wilkinson has found the perfect man at last - but one day he disappears from her life, leaving behind only a diary for her to read.

The diary was written by a new mother, as a keepsake for her baby son. In it she touchingly recounts the initial romance between herself and the child's father, and the unparalleled joy that motherhood has brought her. As Katie reads this moving account, it becomes clear that the lover who has left her is the same man as the husband and father in the diary. She reads on, filled with terror and hope as she struggles to understand what has happened - and whether her new love has a prayer of surviving.”

This is the first book by James Patterson that I have ever read. After reading the book description for this novel I really was looking forward to reading this book. I have read books in diary form before and enjoyed this format. I also liked how it jumped from the diary to Katie. We got to find out how she felt as she was reading the diary.
This book was supposed to be a love story, the only time I felt emotional throughout this book was near the end when the second twist occurred. Apart from that I found this book to be confusing. At times I questioned who Suzanne was actually writing this diary for as there were things that her son didn’t really need to know. All of the characters seemed to be ‘too perfect’.
Pretty early on in this book I had figured out the ending and why he had left. I wouldn’t recommend this book.
2/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment