Thursday 19 July 2012

Review of Softly and Tenderly (A Songbird Novel Book 2) By Rachel Hauck and Sara Evans

This story is set two and a half years after book one finished. Jade is now married and owns two successful boutiques. Jade now wants to start a family with her husband Max.
But Max has an Illegitimate son and he wants Jade to help him raise his son. This causes Jade to flee to her childhood home where she starts to question everything she knew about family, love and motherhood.
Throughout this story I found myself getting annoyed at some of the choices that Jade made. I also felt for Asa throughout the story as he seems to me to be a 'lost soul' until Jade came into his life and helped him.


I'm not quite sure what to make of this book as it took me ages to finish it due to me getting bored at times with the story line and felt that certain parts didn't add anything to the story.
As this is a Christian novel there were certain words I did not expect to read.

3/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment